Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Chopping it up Forest Hills

Today I had a chance to show the internet world how to work on a mortise lock set. I was able to position my android HTC1 smart phone on my grinder machine and take my mortise lock display unit, take it apart and put it back together.  Mortise locks have six parts 1) Front plate, 2) Back plate,3)cylinder,4)two knobs,5)one spindle,6)and the lock body
I have done many lockout and lock ins with mortise locks. The mortise lock is very unique because it has a double function, its a deadbolt and latch lock at the same time.  On the lock body there is a button that allows you to activate the latch lock. Now once you have the latch locked you can not use the outside knob and must use your key to unlatch the lock.  I have opened door for clients who do not know about the latch lock and accidently lock themselves out. 
The other way you can get locked out of your bottom lock is if you don't maintain the lock by occasionally lubricating it or adjusting it. So what happens is that the lock collapses on itself and gets jammed in the lock position.  When this happens most of the time we have to destroy the lock in order to open it.
www.abbaslocksmith.com/Flushing Queens
 

http://youtu.be/yVBKEOe03RM

No comments:

Post a Comment